Enhancing an item will:
- Normal items gain another mod and are upgraded to magic quality.
- Magic items gain another mod and are upgraded to rare quality.
- Rare items gain another mod which is flagged as enhanced. If the item already has a mod from enhancement it is rerolled.
Enhancing an item consumes Ancient Circuits.
- The cost scales exponentially with item level.
- Enhancing a normal item is 2 times cheaper than enhancing a magic item which is 2 times cheaper than enhancing a rare item.
- Slot also affects cost. Compared to base:
- Two-handed: 2.5x
- Head, Back and Wrist: 0.5x
- Jewelry: 1.5x
- Waist: 0.1x
- Since all slots reward the same materials when salvaged it is thus always worthwhile to enhance waists to rare before salvaging them and helmets, backs and wrists to magic before salvaging them.